Scholarship for Study at École Biblique 2019-2020
The Board of the Canadian Friends of the École Biblique (CFÉB) has established a scholarship to encourage Canadians to study and to do research at the École biblique et archéologique française de Jérusalem.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Preference will be given to candidates according to the following order:
- Applicants who want to study for a full year at the École Biblique
- Students who are enrolled in a graduate degree at their home institution but want to spend a period of time at the École Biblique
- Scholars who want to spend a period of time at the École Biblique for research.
The time of the year will also be taken into consideration: there is more likely to be accommodation available from May to September than during the school year for those who are planning a short-term stay.
- Applicants must apply independently to the École Biblique by writing to the Director, Fr Jean Jacques Pérennès (firstname.lastname@example.org), and must be accepted by the École Biblique into a program of study or to conduct research.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need. It is intended that this scholarship will supplement other sources of income. A scholarship will normally be awarded in the range of $2,000 to $7,500, depending on need. Special consideration will be given to women and to individuals who would not have other sources of support available to them. Members of religious communities, diocesan clergy and lay students are eligible.
Please note that the official languages of the École are French and English and that the primary working language is French.
Applications may be submitted in French or in English.
Candidates should submit:
- a curriculum vitae. (Please include SIN number since this is needed for reporting to Revenue Canada)
- a detailed statement of the candidate’s proposed program of study or research at the École Biblique
- two letters of reference from professors familiar with the candidate’s current work
- a statement of financial need.
A committee of three members of the Board of CFEB will review all the applications, and make recommendations to the Board. The Board will forward its recommendations to the Director of the École Biblique who will make the award.
Monies will be paid directly to the École Biblique for payment of fees, tuition and board and room. CFEB does not give money directly to applicants.
Deadline for applications: February 1, 2019.
Decisions will be made by March 8, 2019.
Applications and inquiries are to be sent to:
Dr Tim Hegedus, Administrator, CFEB, at: email@example.com
For more information please go to our website at http://www.cfebweb.ca/.